Ah, summer, the time of late sunsets and warm days, also the season for concerts. It's rather amusing, I won't do anything unless I plan it out way in advance and write it in on my calendar. It will be a busy summer for me this year.
In my immediate future is a weekend camping trip to Sand Dunes National Park. After that is the Bolder Boulder and a Nightwish concert in Denver; Memorial day will involve lots of running for me this year: run a race, then run to a concert. A week or so later I'll be going to the Honda Civic Tour to see Panic at the Disco, and then a couple days later is the Teva Mountain Games. If I get off my ass and get inspired, I might register for the Citizen's Bouldering comp there, but I'm lazy, so we'll see.
After that I get a reprieve of over a week before I fly to Delaware for my grandparents anniversary.
Once I get home from that I'm going to the Warped Tour, which I'm very excited about. I wanted to go last year, but didn't have anyone to go with. It will be an all day long concert with dozens of bands, awesome!
We had been initially planning on going to Anime Expo, but it looks like we won't be able to make it. It's too much time away, and would cost a fair amount of money to go, gas prices are just way to high right now. It just doesn't make sense this year.
In mid July, we'll see the Foo Fighters at Red Rocks. Concerts are Red Rocks are truly something else. You sit on the wooden benches in a natural amphitheater and watch the sun set as the stage is getting the finishing touches, then the music starts as the sun creeps behind you. One has to bring a jacket because it gets cold once the sun sets, but that is not a problem.
Then I have a week long trip to Candy Mountain. Of course, these are just the things I have planned out. If I get my Vespa working, I plan on trying to do a rally or two. And I'm sure there will be plenty of weekend road trips and camping trips.
Friday, April 25, 2008
Planning for the Summer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment