Saturday Margaret and I headed to Lakespur to attend the Renaissance Faire. It was a bit longer drive than I expected, though not too bad. I was starting to see landmarks that I associate with Colorado Springs before we reached our exit. We drove past a police officer who was directing traffic in a town that doesn't even have a traffic light (traffic was backed up at the only stop sign in town). We stopped at the local gas station for quick snacks and drinks before the faire, on an feeble attempt to save money, but alas a twix is not a substitute for lunch.
Margaret and I bought tickets at the gate and had a discussion with the ticket vendor about weather and how is was 80 this morning and 61 now (I was in my warm Teva hoodie). We then stumbled through the gate to find a array of shops and people in costume. I ended up eating a bbq pork sandwich, which for some reason Margaret wanted nothing to do with. We watched a show about dirty laundry;
we saw some elephants;
we debated climbing the climbing wall (but didn't because neither of us had remotely sane shoes for it); I bought Margaret some nifty spiral earrings (which I discovered last night were actually dragons); and apparently I was the only one who ever asked the coin stamping guy what the dies were made from (D2, it's also referred to as Devil Steel). Eventually, we called it a day and Margaret made quesadillas for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment