Sunday, March 16, 2008

Wasabi and Real Fish

So I figured I would start a blog to chronicle my life and what I do on a day to day basis... I've been way too busy to do that, whoops.


Yesterday we (Margaret, Dylan, Darla, and I) went to Anime Wasabi. It is a new anime con in Denver. It was down at the DIA Holiday Inn, and no we didn't run out of lava, nor were we harassed by staff that we might need some more. I had a good time and look forward to next year when hopefully all the kinks will be worked out and there are more panels. Also I would have loved to find the video room, see what was being screened and all.

I suppose the highlight of the con was the various bits of schwag we picked up in the dealers room. I got a Shakugan no Shana wall scroll and a Gurren Laggan sticker to put on my car (how badass is that?) Margaret got a white Mokona backpack/purse (from Tsubasa Chronicle) and a key chain; Darla picked up some manga for really cheap. So, I suppose we all won at going to a con.

After this, Margaret and I dropped everyone off, then dumped my car at home. We then walked across campus to the Fox, stopping for dinner at a new pizza place on the hill en route. I can't remember for the life of me what this place was called, but the pizza was really good. It's catty cornered from Rose Hill Liquors and where the DQ and then the BBQ place used to be.


Post dinner, we went over to the Fox, picked our tickets up at the will-call window, and got in line to see Reel Big Fish. We had to wait for a few minutes and I was glad I forgot to ditch my sweater at home before the concert. As it turns out, it wasn't as hot inside as I'd been expecting (a certain metal concert at the Boulder Theater comes to mind). I have to say, it's nice to go to a concert where you and most of the audience knows almost all the words. The concert was great fun, even if I couldn't join in the mosh pit nor the swing dancing due to my sprained knee. (yes, I did say swing dancing; there were about two dozen people swing dancing near the end of the concert behind the mosh pit). At the end of the show, I picked up RBF's new album and a shirt that is far more work appropriate than my other Reel Big Fish shirt (from their Crouching Tiger/Hidden Fish tour)

No comments: